Posted by Tommy Runfola | February 8, 2017
We all have a “morning routine”…but did you know that making an ON PURPOSE MORNING RITUAL / ROUTINE can help increase your productivity for your whole day…and LIFE?!
I do these few morning habits every day. They clear my mind and make sure I’ll have a productive day. Try them for yourself and see how they start to benefit you!
1: Drink 8oz of Water After Waking Up
You’ve been asleep for (give or take) 8 straight hours without water – think it’s a good idea to drink some?
Water energizes you, clears your mind and makes sure so you know, don’t die.
2: Get Ecstatic by Listening to Music
I may have a slight bias towards music, but the science is with me as well:
- Music slows down our heart rate, lowers blood pressure and decreases the level of stress hormones in our body
- Music releases the “happiness chemicals” seratonin and dopamine, increasing motivation and happiness
3: Eat An Awesome Breakfast
Breakfast eaten right gives you long-lasting energy, is delicious and healthy.
4: Become Wiser
Reading books makes you smarter, inspired and gives you practical information.
If you want to read more, listening to audiobooks or podcasts in the morning is a great way to do so. It lets you do something productive while doing morning chores, such as brushing your teeth, eating breakfast and walking around.
Fun fact: reading for 10 minutes every morning accumulates to 1 book a month (Assuming an average non-fiction book length of 50 000 words and the average reading speed of 200 words per minute)
5: Write Down 3 Awesome Things
Gratitude is proven to improve many areas of your life. Here’s an overview of all the benefits:
- Up to a – not only is writing down things that are awesome an awesome experience in itself, it’ll increase your optimism. You prime yourself to notice all the other great stuff.
- You become healthier – grateful people has a 25% increased , spend and has .
- Increased productivity – Not only does , energy is one of the essential elements of productivity
Just write 3 things you’re grateful for, like gum, spoons and your life. Think about how awesome they are and how lucky you are to have them.
I also write down one great experience I had yesterday.
SO, as you can see these 5 things are not HARD to do, and they’re not overly TIME-CONSUMING. In fact, I’ve found that I am so much more efficient and energized throughout my day after performing this morning ritual that I have SO MUCH MORE TIME than before I started performing this routine daily.
Try it for yourself and let us know how it changes your daily productivity!